Welcome! This site shares some of my vision of transformative learning and what can happen in people’s lives. It introduces you to myself and my work in the areas of adult education, transformative learning, distance learning and educational technology.
I am Dr. Kathleen P. King, a professor of higher education at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida, with much experience in classroom teaching, program development, administration, and research. Teaching, learning and innovation are critical foci and passions in my work.
You may also enjoy visiting my Transformation Education LLC site for innovative solutions which I and my colleagues develop and provide through education consulting and services.
My 15+ years experience as a professor of education and director of graduate programs at University of Central Florida, University of South Florida and Fordham University, as well as my 20+ years as an independent consultant provide a rich foundation for my work within higher education and related industries. My work focuses on research and development efforts, which serve professional development needs of adults and learners of all ages across contexts.
In addition to transformative learning, my work has extensively developed in instructional technology, distance learning, equity issues and global perspectives of learning having earned many awards in each of these areas in recent years. I am grateful for the many opportunities I have to work with emerging and experienced scholars to help shape new educational directions.
I look forward to hearing from you about connections with my research and collaborations. I have access to several academic publishing opportunities for new and experienced scholars, which I would be pleased to discuss.
I hope your visit to this site will benefit your personal and professional growth.
Dr. Kathleen (“Kathy”) P. King
Professor of Education
Author, Keynote Speaker,
Coach & Education Consultant
SELECTED ARTICLES ABOUT DR KING
- Editor, Textbook and Academic Authors. (2017, Fall). Featured Presenter: Kathleen P. King: Become the master of your writing universe. The Academic Author 5, 4-5. (www.TAAonline.net)
- Editor, Textbook and Academic Authors. (2015). Featured Author: Kathleen P. King: Motivation, marketing and the easy fix. The Academic Author 3, 4-5. (www.TAAonline.net)
- King, K. P. (2007). Autobiography: Innovation and empowerment: The cohesive form. In K. B. Armstrong, L. W. Nabb and A. P. Czech (Eds.). North American Adult Educators: Phyllis M. Cunningham archive of quintessential autobiographies for the 21st century. (pp. 177-182). Chicago, IL: Discovery Publishing House.
- Verel, P. (2008, April). Education professor opens new doors to technology. Available at Fordham News Article
- Steinherdt, S. (2008, Feb.) WE LEARN and GSE Sponsor Fifth Annual Conference on Women and Literacy. Available at WELEARN Article
- (Nov. 25, 2006). Dr. King Leads Education in Podcasting. Top 10 Savvy Women of Podcasting. Retrieved Nov. 27, 2006 from http://podonomics.com/top-10-savvy-women-in-podcasting-dr-kathy-king/
- Catapano, P. (2006, Sept.) Transforming education, educators and students with Technology. Inside Fordham (26). Available at kpking.com
- Purcell, J. E. (2001). Kathleen P. King: Crafting a career of many ‘lives,’ Widener Magazine 13(1), 7.
- New York Times. (2001, Nov. 11). Teachers worth remembering. New York Times, Section 14Wc, p.1. (Letter by Fordham PhD student, Derry B. Crosley, regarding CTGE 6190 statistics course.)